Knee jerk, reactionary, non-replay-eligible thoughts on what will happen in Game 2 of the World Series tonight at Fenway Park.
1. Cardinals shortstop Pete Kozma will cleanly record an out in the first inning and receive one of the loudest mock cheers from the Fenway crowd in recent memory.
2. The margin of victory will be two runs.
3. John Lackey will not finish the 7th inning.
4. Lackey’s average fastball velocity over the first three innings will be 94 mph.
5. During the team’s first turn through the order, three Red Sox batters will swing at the first pitch.
6. Shane Victorino will bat right-handed and left-handed before the night is over.
7. Jonny Gomes will strike out multiple times against Michael Wacha.
8. Michael Wacha’s total pitches thrown: 110
9. John Lackey’s total pitches thrown: 95
10. Koji Uehara’s total pitches thrown: 20