Kevin Youkilis debuted for the Boston Red Sox in 2004 and quickly became a fan favorite. Over the past few years, Youk was a regular contributor in this space, providing episodic snapshots of his life and times.
As a service to Yankees fans excited to learn more about their newest third basemen, Fenway Pastoral has pulled together its archives of Youker Files.
- 10 Tips for a Successful Job Interview – Youkilis offers fans some practical career advice and generally basks in the glow of being one of only a handful of third basemen available on the free agent market.
- On My Bittersweet Swan Song as a Red Sox – Kevin’s emotional goodbye to Boston after he was shipped out to Chicago is sure to tug at the heartstrings.
- In Which I Accidentally Fart during Yoga Class with Mrs. Youkilis-Brady – Kevin pontificates about the true meaning of life and comes to the realization that even embarrassing bodily functions can sometimes lead to enlightenment.
- Marrying Tom Brady’s Sister – Kevin rehashes his nervous excitement leading up to his marriage proposal to the sister of a fellow Boston sports legend.
- Dinner With the Guys at Applebee’s – Back before anyone knew just how sourly the year would end, a 2011 spring training team-building dinner at a local bistro seemed innocent enough.
- A Trip to the Farmer’s Market – Youk weighs in on the staying power of a popular consumer trend while on the shelf with a thumb injury.
- 4th of July Fireworks Safety Tips – Kevin articulates his passion and appreciation for a popular American past-time (other than baseball).
- A Day on the Links – Youkilis manages to fit in one last round of golf with Dustin Pedroia prior to the beginning of the 2010 regular season. The results aren’t completely disastrous.
- An Evening at the Nutcracker – Demonstrating an appreciation for high culture that is sure to resonate with the box-seat dwellers at Yankee Stadium, Kevin cleans himself up and takes his then-girlfriend “wife” to a popular holiday-themed ballet.
- My Visit to Disneyland – A day before the first game of the 2009 ALDS against the Anaheim Angels, Kevin made a regrettable decision to ride the teacups.