Specific forecasts for this afternoon’s ballgame.
1. Shane Victorino will get hit by a pitch WELL outside the strike zone. But it will happen at a point in the game when it is clear that it was accidental.
2. Building on the previous thought, warnings will be issued to both dugouts by the home plate umpire at some point in the first three innings of this game.
3. Miguel Cabrera will hit a solo home run in the fifth inning to right field.
4. John Lackey will hit 95 mph on the radar gun multiple times during the 6th inning.
5. Jonny Gomes and Mike Napoli will combine for six strikeouts.
6. Stephen Drew will hit a triple.
7. Justin Verlander will NOT post double-digit strikeouts. Anyone taking the over 7.5 strikeouts line being thrown around Vegas and Bovada.lv will still be sweating their wager in the 7th inning.
8. First-pitch strikes will rule the day for both Lackey and Justin Verlander, resulting in a ballgame clocking in under three hours.