1. Boston will record three hits in the first two innings in which the batter swings at the first pitch dealt from Max Scherzer.
2. Another Xander Bogaerts start – another game in which the rookie reaches base safely multiple times.
3. Ryan Dempster will pitch two innings in the ballgame.
4. Clay Buchholz will run up two full counts in the first inning.
5. Dustin Pedroia will hit a home run.
6. So will Prince Fielder.
7. Joquin Benoit will not record another out this season.
8. One of the teams will top the series-high seven runs scored by Detroit in Game 3.