Under-explained predictions for tonight’s ALCS Game 1 at Fenway Park, ranked roughly in the order each will be confirmed or debunked.
1. David Ross will hit a home run sometime in the middle innings (4th through 6th).
2. Jon Lester will pitch less than 6 innings and will labor through 110+ pitches, but will record a victory.
3. Jacoby Ellsbury will steal two bases.
4. Prince Fielder will hit a home run over the visitor’s bullpen. A solo shot.
5. Clay Buchholz’s wife Lindsay Clubine will show up with the couple’s infant daughter during the second inning and sit in her usual seat behind home plate. She will exit before the game prior to the end of the 6th inning.
6. Craig Breslow will pitch the equivalent of a full inning in the game.
7. Koji Uehara will pitch in the game and will record an out total other than three.
Bonus: Nobody is going to purchase that opened copy of Fever Pitch that Curt Schilling is trying to pawn off as part of his estate sale.